16、I don’t mean to cross the line.直译是“我不想越界”。这句话的意思是,我并不是想管闲事呀,只是随便问问。“I don’t mean to cross the line,is she your new girl friend?”
17、Thank you for .....(the tea,and so on),and everything else.谢谢你的(茶水款待),以及一切。当你向人道谢时,你一下只想起了一件具体的事,但又接受了不止一项的好处,就加上一句and everything else,这样就不会漏谢什么了。
18、I won’t take that crap.我才不会信那套鬼话。也可以说:I won’t buy that beef.同样的意思。
19、Calm down.不要激动好不好?
20、sick恶心you make me sick.你叫我恶心。 People do sick things to young girls nowadays.现在总有人对小女孩做那些恶心的事。 He is sick.如果你把sick一词念得很重,意思就是“他令人恶心。”如果念得不重,意思就只是“他病了。”所以要小心。
21、You look concerned. What’s on your mind你看上去有点心思沉沉,在担心什么呢?
22、I’ve got to quiet down and get focused.我该冷静下来,集中注意力。
23、I know he has the blues(He is feeling very down!),but it doesn’t mean he can vent his anger on me.我知道他心情不好,但他也不能把气发在我身上呀。the blues心情不好,If a girl is sad,an ice-cream cone can normally chase the blues away.如果女孩心情不好的话,给她一个冰淇淋,她就会转哭为笑了。也可说,an ice-cream cone can normally help shake off the blues.
24、I’m up to my neck in work.这句话的意思就是I am quite busy.我太忙了,这工作把我忙得晕头转向。I have got a pretty tight schedule today.我今天的日程安排得很紧。
25、Easy!悠着点;不要性急;轻一点;也可以说:Go easy. Go easy on it(省着点用). Easy-going,很容易相处:She is caring and easy-going.
1. Hello, … 你好。
2. Hi, … 喂,你好。
3. Good morning/ afternoon/evening. 早上/下午/晚上好。
4. How are you(this morning/afternoon/evening)? 你今天早晨/下午/晚上好吗?
5. Fine, thank you/ thanks. 我很好,谢谢。
6. Not bad, thank you. 不错,谢谢。
7. Welcome back to school. 欢迎回到学校来。
8. Welcome to our school. 欢迎到我们学校来。
9. Happy birthday! 生日快乐!
10. What’s your name, please? 你的名字是什么?
11. Your name, please? 你叫什么名字?
12. My name is…/ I’m… 我的名字是…/ 我名叫…
13. This is Miss/ Mr/ Mrs… 这位是…小姐/先生/女士。
14. This is my friend. 这是我的朋友。
15. Come and meet my friends. 过来见见我的.朋友们。
16. How do you do? 你好。
17. Nice to meet /see you. 很高兴认识/见到你。
18. Goodbye. 再见 19. Good night. 晚安。
20. How old is he? 他多大了?
【基本表达】
1. I hate to say this, but I really have to leave now
2. That’s ok. Don’t be sorry.
3. I’ve got a business call that I really need to take.
4. Would you excuse me for just a few seconds?
5. I’ve got a visitor.
1. 很抱歉,但是我现在必须得走了。
2. 没关系。别担心。
3. 我有一个公务电话,现在必须得接。
4. 能稍等我一会儿吗?
5. 我有一个访客。
【对话1:我现在必须走了】
Oh, boy, I hate to say this, but I really have to leave now.
That’s all right. I understand.
I’m so sorry.
That’s ok. Don’t be sorry. We’ll talk later.
嘿,哥们儿,我不想这样,但是我现在必须得走了。
没关系,我理解。
很抱歉。
没关系,别担心。我们以后再聊。
【对话2:我现在必须接听另一个电话】
Would you excuse me?
For what?
I’ve got a business call that I really need to take.
Daniel: I'm fine thanks. I need to ask you a favor.
丹尼尔:我很好,谢谢。我想请你帮个忙。
Olga: Sure, what's up?
奥尔加:没问题,什么事?
Daniel: Well I'm trying to impress a girl and I need to cook something for her.
丹尼尔:我想给一个女孩留下好印象,我想给她做些吃的。
Olga: I see.
奥尔加:我明白了。
Daniel: So I was thinking of Mexican food.
丹尼尔:我打算做墨西哥食物。
Olga: Wow, that's a good option.
奥尔加:哇,这是个不错的选择。
Daniel: What can you recommend me?
丹尼尔:你会推荐我做什么?
Olga: Why don't you cook tacos?
奥尔加:为什么不做墨西哥玉米饼呢?
Daniel: OK.
丹尼尔:好。
Olga: It's fairly simple and I think you can do it. Can you get tortillas?
奥尔加:非常容易做,而且我认为你能做出来。你能做玉米面饼吗?
Daniel: I might be able to get them but I'm not really sure.
丹尼尔:我应该可以做,不过我不太确定。
Olga: Well if you get them then I can just cook the meat, you know. It's really easy, like in a pan, a fry pan, you just fry it with onion, salt, pepper, and maybe a little bit of chili peppper. Do you like it hot?
Daniel: I would rather not to have it that hot. It's the first date.
丹尼尔:我希望不要做得太辣。毕竟这是第一次约会。
Olga: Yeah, but you know it's romantic.
奥尔加:嗯,你知道这很浪漫。
Daniel: OK.
丹尼尔:好。
Olga: Maybe just a bit. So yeah you just cut a little bit of chilli pepper and put it inside and when you've made this you just put it inside a tortilla, wrap it and maybe put some salad like lettuce and tomato on top with a little bit of cream.
Olga: The one that's not sweet, you know the natural cream.
奥尔加:不太甜的那种,就是天然奶油。
Daniel: That white one?
丹尼尔:白色的那种?
Olga: Yeah, right and are you sure about the tortillas?
奥尔加:对,没错,你确定可以做玉米面饼吧?
Daniel: Just explain me so in case I cannot get them.
丹尼尔:跟我说一下怎么做,确保我能做出来。
Olga: Just get corn flour.
奥尔加:准备玉米面。
Daniel: Corn flour?
丹尼尔:玉米面?
Olga: Yeah, I think you can get it anywhere or at least on the internet and you just mix it with some water and maybe a little bit of salt and make like a...
奥尔加:对,我想你可以在任何地方买到,至少可以在网上买到,在玉米面里加水,再加些盐,就像……
Daniel: Pastry?
丹尼尔:油酥面团那样?
Olga: Yeah and just take a little round ball the size that you can hold it in your hand and you know like extend it to make the shape of the tortilla and just heat it up in the pan without any oil or anything and it's done like in one minute.