
楼主:你好, 我今天才过来,我也来加桶油。 ●Place: Air’s villa. 地点: 空气的别墅. Time: on the Mid – Autumn Festival. 时间: 中秋节 People: Air and Rich 人物: Air 和Rich Rich is from American. He is an exchange student. Now he is studying at Beijing University. He majored in culture of China. His best friend, Air, a designer, works for a photo workshop. Today is Mid – Autumn Festival. So Air invited him to dinner at home. Rich是个美国人.他是个留学生.现在他在北京大学学习.他主修中国文化专业.他最好的朋友, Air ,一个设计师, 在一个摄影工作室工作. 今天是中秋节. 因此Air 邀请他去家做客. (Air listens to the music when she hears the doorbell.) (Air正听着音乐,这时候她听到门铃响了.) A: That must be Rich. (She goes to open the door.) 那一定是Rich. (她去开门.) B: Hi, Air. 你好啊, Air. A: Welcome. It’s so nice of you to come. 欢迎啊,你能来真是太好了. B: Air, thanks for inviting me to the dinner. Today is Mid – Autumn Festival. I bought a bunch of roses for you. Beautiful flowers for beautiful girl. Air, 谢谢你邀请我来做客的. 今天是中秋节了. 我买了一束玫瑰花送给你,美丽的花给美丽的女孩. A: It’s nothing. Thank you for your roses.(she hands him a present.) A little present for you. 不客气.谢谢你的玫瑰花 .(她递给他一个礼物) 给你准备的一个小礼物. B: (he unwraps the present to find four mooncakes in boxes.) Oh, it’s wonderful. Thanks. You shouldn’t have bought this. (他打开礼物发现在盒子里面有四块月饼) 噢,太棒了.谢谢啦! 你不该这样破费了. A: oh, my pleasure. It’s just a little present for you. 哦,不客气啦. 仅仅是给你准备的小礼物而已. (They sit in the living room.) (他们坐在客厅里.) Can I get you some coffee or tea or a cold drink? 你要点咖啡或茶水或冷饮吗? B: Thanks. Coffee is ok. 谢谢,咖啡就可以了. A: Black coffee or white coffee? 不加牛奶的咖啡还是加牛奶的咖啡? B: white coffee, please. Thank you. 加牛奶的咖啡,谢谢. A: Ok 好的. (She goes to the kitchen to make coffee. A few minutes later, it’s done. She comes back.) (她去厨房做咖啡. 几分钟后,咖啡好了.她回来了.) Rich, here you are. Rich, 给你咖啡. B: Thank you, Air. 谢谢你,Air.。 A: You are welcome. Take your time. Maybe it is hot. 不客气啊。慢慢来,或许咖啡有些烫。 B: No problem. Air, you know, I’m interested in different culture. Chinese festival is very interesting, too. Would you mind telling me about the Mid – Autumn Festival? 没关系的。Air.,你知道,我对不同的文化很感兴趣的。中国的节日也是非常有趣的。你能给我讲讲有关中秋节的东西吗? A: Ok, speaking of eating mooncakes, we have to talk about the story between Chang-Er and Hou Yi. 好啊,谈到吃月饼,我们要谈到有关嫦娥和后羿的故事。 B: Is that true? 那故事是真实的吗? A: No. It’s not true. It’s only legend. 不.不是真实的.它仅仅是个传说. B: Oh, I see. What is it? 哦,我明白了,是什么呢? A: Long, long ago, the Earth once had 10 suns circling it. 很久以前,地球曾经有10个太阳围绕她运转的. B: What? 10 suns circling it? 什么? 10个太阳围绕她运转? A: Yes. But I told you it was only a legend. One day all 10 suns came out at once. The temperature of the earth went up quickly. 是的.但是我告诉你了,它仅仅是个传说.一天所有的10个 太阳一次出现了. 地球的温度很快升高了. B: Wow. I guess many people 、plants and animals died. The high temperature must kill them. 噢! 我想许多人,植物和动物都死掉了. 这种高温一定杀死他们了. A: Yes. It was a skillful archer who saved the earth. 是的. 是一个熟练的弓箭手拯救了地球. B: Who is he? 他是谁? A: Hou Yi. 后羿. B: How did he save the earth? Is he a sprint? 他如何拯救的地球的?他是一个神仙吗? A: No. He only shot down nine suns. Everything will be ok. 不是,他仅仅射掉了九个太阳. 一切就平安了。 B: He did a good job. 他做的很好. A: Yes. As his reward, the Heavenly Queen Mother gave him a bottle of magic liquid. 是的. 为了奖励他,王母娘娘给了他一瓶神奇的药水. B: What? What’s for? 什么?它作什么的? A: If you had it, you would cure illnesses or make you live forever. 假如你喝了神药,你可以治疗疾病或者可以使你永远活着,长生不老. B: oh, my god. Are you kidding? 噢,我的天啊. 你在开玩笑吧? A: I’m serious. In many Chinese stories, people want to live longer. So they want to get something magic. 我使认真的. 在中国的许多故事中, 人们都想活的长些,因此他们都想得到这样神奇的东西. B: I see. What did he do then? 我明白了,那后羿接着做什么了呢? A: It’s pity that he paid no attention to her advice. 很遗憾的是后羿没有听从王母娘娘的建议. B: You mean that he drank that all. 你的意思他喝光了所有的药水. A: No. I mean, in front of the fame and fortune, he became a bad-tempered、selfish man. 不是.我是说,在荣誉和财富面前,他变成一个坏脾气,自私的人了. B: Oh, I see. As the saying goes: Money is the root of all evil. 哦.知道了,有句谚语说的好:钱是万恶之根. A: I couldn’t agree more. So his wife, Chang-Er could not bear to live with her husband. Then she stole his liquid, drank them and fled to the moon. This is the beautiful woman in the moon, the Moon Fairy. 我太同意了. 因此他的妻子,嫦娥不能在忍受和他生活了.然后她偷了药水, 喝掉了,逃离到月球上去了. 这就是月亮上美丽女人的传说了. B: Interesting! 有趣! A: Ok, this is the legend that I know. Maybe you will find another story like this. But I’m not for sure. 是啊,这是我所知道的传说而已.或许你还能发现其他象这样的故事,但是我就不确定了. B: Thanks. 谢谢 A: Oh, Rich. Would you like more coffee? 哦, Rich. 你想添点咖啡吗? B: No. Thanks. Air, why not tell me the mooncakes itself? (He points to the cakes in the box.) 不了,谢谢. Air,你为什么不给我讲讲月饼本身的东西的?(他指了下盒子里的月饼). A: It’s a neat idea. In China, it is important for us to have dinner together on Mid-Autumn Festival. 好主意. 在中国,在中秋节这天,对于我们能在一起吃顿团圆饭是很重要的. B: Really? I find that many Chinese are busy with their work. When their parents ask them to have dinner, they always have many excuses. I mean they don’t want to come back. 真的吗? 我发现许多中国人都忙于他们的工作.当他们叫他们去吃团圆饭的时候,他们总找借口. 我的意思是他们并不想回来. A: Yes. You are right. But many people think today is the time of reunion. It is said that the moon is at its brightest and fullest. It’s very interesting. This year the festival falls on 18 th September. 是的,你是对的,但是许多人认为今天是团圆的时候. 据说今天的月亮是最亮最圆的. 非常有意思吧. 今年的中秋节在9月18日. B: Yes. Air. I hear that the seasonal round cakes have many different fillings. Is that true? 是的. Air,我听说这种季节性的糕点有很多种馅的.是真的吗? A: Yes. It is true. Lotus seed paste, red bean paste and so on. Are you hungry? In fact, I’m hungry. 是的,是真的.莲子馅或是红豆馅等等. 你饿了吗?实际上,我饿了. B: I’m hungry, too. I can’t wait to have them right now. Air, what is this? (He points to the cakes.) Ah, 我也很饿了.我恨不得立刻就吃了.空气,这是什么?(他指了指糕点) A: Ah! It’s a surprise. I asked the bakery to stamp them with your name so that I’ll give you a big surprise. 啊!那是个惊喜.我让糕点店在月饼上打上了你的名字,就想给你大惊喜的. B: Thanks 谢谢. A: But I have to make some tea. 但是我要先沏些茶水来. B: Why? 为什么? A: Some doctors tell us that the mooncakes are loaded with calories, so it’s not for the fat people who are on a diet. 一些医生告诉我们说,月饼所含的热量较大,因此不适合那些在减肥的肥胖人士的. B: Oh, what’s the best way to have them? 哦,那最好的食用它们的方法是什么? A: Ok, the best way to wash down one of these cakes is with a cup of Chinese tea, especially Jasmine or Chrysanthemum tea. Tea aids the digestion. 好的,吃这种糕点最好的是就着一杯中国茶,特别是茉莉花茶或是菊花茶,茶水可以帮助消化. B: Thank you very much. 非常感谢. A: Just for a few minutes. I make tea. 稍等片刻,我去泡茶了. B: Go ahead. 去吧 (Air goes to the kitchen.) (Air去了厨房.) ●对话精彩点评: 在一个月饼节的对话中,提到了个说法—长生不老,但好多朋友不知道如何表达了,或许头脑中只有西游记的概念,比如什么仙丹之类的东西,却没有想长生不老的本意是什么,所以表达出现瞬间的停顿,很正常了。 A:The Heavenly Queen Mother gave him a bottle of magic liquid. B: What? What’s for? A: If you had it, you would cure illnesses or make you live forever. B: oh, my god. Are you kidding? A: I’m serious. In many Chinese stories,people want to live longer. So they want to get this magic something. B: I see. 这段对话很好的将仙丹,比做成一种神奇的药,化解了必须去想仙丹的单词, 也增加了谈话的神秘性,接着呢,将长生不老,比喻成假如吃掉这神奇的药,就会治疗好疾病,可以使自己永远生存在世间的,这不是很好的表达方式吗, 而且整个句子运用了虚拟语气,加大了表达的难度,给人感觉语法很好,对吧! ●附:中秋节的传说: Mooncakes are to Mid-Autumn Festival what mince pies are to Christmas. The seasonal round cakes traditionally have a sweet filling of lotus seed paste or red bean paste and often have one or more salted duck eggs in the center to represent the moon. And the moon is what this celebration is all about. Mid-Autumn Festival falls on the 15th day of the 8th month, it is the time when the moon is said to be at its brightest and fullest. This year the festival falls on October 1. There are two legends which claim to explain the tradition of eating mooncakes. One Tang Dynasty myth holds that the Earth once had 10 suns circling it. One day all 10 suns appeared at once, scorching the planet with their heat. It was thanks to a skillful archer named Hou Yi that the Earth was saved. He shot down all but one of the suns. As his reward, the Heavenly Queen Mother gave Hou Yi the Elixir of Immortality, but she warned him that he must use it wisely. Hou Yi ignored her advice and, corrupted by fame and fortune, became a tyrannical leader. Chang-Er, his beautiful wife, could no longer stand by and watch him abuse his power so she stole his Elixir and fled to the moon to escape his angry wrath. And thus began the legend of the beautiful woman in the moon, the Moon Fairy. The second legend has it that during the Yuan Dynasty, an underground group led by Zhu Yuan Zang was determined to rid the country of Mongolian dominance. The moon cake was created to carry a secret message. When the cake was opened and the message read, an uprising was unleashed which successfully routed the Mongolians. It happened at the time of the full moon, which, some say, explains why mooncakes are eaten at this time. Mooncakes are usually stamped with Chinese characters indicating the name of the bakery and the type of filling used. Some bakeries will even stamp them with your family name so that you can give personalised ones to friends and family. They are usually presented in boxes of four which indicate the four phases of the moon. Traditional mooncakes are made with melted lard, but today vegetable oil is more often used in the interests of health. Mooncakes are not for the diet-conscious as they are loaded with calories. The best way to wash down one of these sticky cakes is with a cup of Chinese tea, especially Jasmine or Chrysanthemum tea, which aids the digestion. 中秋节吃月饼就像西方人圣诞节吃百果馅饼一样,是必不可少的。圆圆的月饼中通常包有香甜的莲子馅或是红豆馅,馅的中央还会加上一个金黄的咸鸭蛋黄来代表月亮。而月亮正是中秋节庆祝的主题。每年农历8月15日人们一起庆祝中秋,据说这一天的月亮是一年中最亮最圆的。今年的中秋节恰好是阳历的10月1日(中国的国庆日)。 关于吃月饼这个传统的来历有两个传说。一个是唐朝的神话故事,说的是当时地球被10个太阳包围着。有一天10个太阳同时出现在天空中,巨大的热量几乎把地球烤焦了。多亏一位名叫后羿的神箭手射下了9个太阳,地球才被保住。为了奖励后羿,王母娘娘赐给后羿一种长生不老药,但是王母警告他必须正当使用。然而后羿没有理会王母娘娘的警告,他被名利冲昏了头脑,变成了一个暴君。后羿美丽的妻子嫦娥对他的暴行再也不能袖手旁观,于是她偷走了后羿的长生不老药,飞到月亮上逃避后羿的狂怒。从此就有了关于月宫仙子嫦娥,这个月亮上的美丽女人的传说。 第二个传说讲的是在元朝,朱元璋领导的起义军计划起义来摆脱蒙古族的统治。他们用月饼来传递密信。掰开月饼就可以找到里面的密信,起义军通过这种方式成功的发动了起义,赶走了元朝的统治者。这场起义发生在八月十五之时,于是中秋节吃月饼的习俗便在民间传开来。
当你去到一个陌生的城市或国家,首先要解决的一件事就是住在哪里。如果只是短暂逗留几天,那可以选择宾馆旅店;若是要呆上好一段时间,那就需要租房咯。今天我们就来看看如何用英语约见房东吧! Sam: Is this Ms. Li?Li: Yes, are you calling about the apartment?Sam: Yes, is it still available?Li: How did you find out about it?Sam: I saw your advertisement on one of the bulletin boards。Li: Well, you're welcome to come over and see it. The address is on the ad。Sam: Great. I'll be there in about twenty minutes。(20 minutes later)Li: What do you do in China?Sam: I study Chinese and Chinese history。Li: Sounds interesting...So, do you want to share with any roommates or live alone?Sam: I prefer to live alone. I need my peace and quiet。Li: Good. That will make everything simpler. I like to keep things simple。Sam: Me too. And I like my privacy。Li: OK, now I'll show you the apartment. This is the balcony, and that is the kitchen. The bedroom is over there。Sam: This place is perfect! It's so quiet! But, the kitchen is kind of small.。。Li: You won't need much space if you're cooking for one。Sam: Well, I guess that's true. So what about the trash?Li: You take it to the first floor. It's picked up daily around 9 p.m。Sam: Great! If it's OK with you, I think I'll take the apartment。Li: You seem like the ideal tenant. OK, let me go get the contract。讲解:1. 在这段对话中,Sam看到了招租广告以后,打电话给Ms. Li,预定看房。首先说一下这个Ms. , 表示“女士”。在英语中,未婚女性称为“Miss”,小姐。已婚女性称为“Mrs。”,太太, 而Ms. 则是在不考虑或不知道婚姻状况的情况下使用,放在姓氏或姓名前。2. 当Ms. Li问are you calling about the apartment? 你是打电话来问公寓的事情吗?Sam回答说,Yes, is it still available? 是的,房子还没租出去吧?就是说房子还能租吗?available 这个词表示“可用到的,可利用的”。例如:I'm sorry, those overcoats are not available in your colour and size. 对不起,这种外套没有你要的颜色和尺码。它还表示“有空的”, 例如:The lawyer is not available now. 律师现在没空。3. Ms. Li比较谨慎,问Sam,How did you find out about it? 你是怎么知道有这么个公寓出租呢?Sam回答I saw your advertisement on one of the bulletin boards. 我在一个公告栏上看到了你的广告。4. Ms. Li比较放心了,答应Sam可以来看房子,她说you're welcome to come over and see it. 欢迎你过来看看。welcome这个词不仅可以做动词、名词,还可以做形容词,表示“受欢迎的”,例如:You are always welcome in my home. 你在我家总是受欢迎的。You are welcome to join us. 我们非常乐意邀请你加入我们。welcome做动词,表示“欢迎”,比如:My aunt welcomed me with a hug. 我姑姑用拥抱迎接了我。做名词,表示“款待,接待”,例如:They gave us an unfriendly welcome。他们对我们的接待很不友好。还有就是大家比较熟悉的Welcome to China! 欢迎到中国来!Welcome back 欢迎你回来!5. 20分钟后,房东Ms. Li和房客Sam见面了,Ms. Li先问Sam在中国是做什么的,因为要打探清楚房客的底细,才能放心的把房子租给他。Sam回答说在中国学习汉语和中国历史。原来是做学生的。Ms. Li又问他是想一个人住,还是想跟别人合住,Do you want to share with any roommates or live alone? roommate是室友的意思,在口语中做称呼的时候经常被简化为 “roomie”。6. Sam说I prefer to live alone. I need my peace and quiet. 我比较喜欢一个人住,我需要过安静、平和的生活。这里的peace and quiet表示“平和,安静”,平常我们比较熟悉的是quiet做形容词,在这里quiet变成了名词。Ms. Li表示同意,Good. That will make everything simpler. I like to keep things simple. 不错,那样的话,事情就简单多了,我喜欢简单行事。7. Sam也说喜欢一个人独处,他说I like my privacy. privacy, “隐私,秘密;独处”。例如:We must respect other's privacy. 我们应该尊重别人的隐私,也就是说我们不该打听别人的私事。8. 达成共识之后,Ms. Li开始给Sam介绍房间的情况了,Sam觉得整个房子都不错,就是厨房有点小,有一点,这里用的是kind of,既可以修饰形容词,也可以修饰动词,例如:She kind of hoped to be invited. 她有点希望自己能被邀请。9. Ms. Li解释说You won't need much space if you're cooking for one. 如果你自己一个人做饭的话,你不需要太大的空间,注意这里的空间space是不可数的,用much来修饰,而不是用many。10. Sam又问,那垃圾怎么办呢?What about the trash? What about...?这个短语很常用,表示某人或某物怎样呢?例如:What about the extra money? 那多余的钱怎么办呢?Ms. Li说可以把垃圾拿到一楼,每天晚上9点左右会被清走。11. Sam非常满意,说If it's OK with you, I think I'll take the apartment. 如果你没有问题的话,我决定租下这个公寓了。be OK with something, 对某事没有意见,同意做某事,在口语中很常用,例如:I'm OK with the timing. 我对时间安排没有意见。那么something be ok with someone, 也表示同样的意义,例如:Is the timing OK with you? 你对时间安排有意见吗?12. Ms. Li也觉得Sam不错,她说You seem like the ideal tenant. OK, let me go get the contract. 你看起来是个理想的房客,现在我去拿合约。不论男女,房客都是tenant,但是男房东和女房东可不一样了,男房东是landlord,女房东是 landlady,但是两者都可以缩写成LL,记住要大写。
第三个题目(6个太多了,么时间编这么多)A(Japanese):Hi Mr.Lu, long time no see. How are you?B(Chinese):Wow, actually, I am not good. The relations between our two countries are strained.A: Yes. I've heard that Japanese cars are being smashed on the streets. Meanwhile, products made in Japan are being boycotted. B: I know. You should understand our people's patriotic action, given what you have done about our DiaoYu Island.A: That's one side of the story. But, don't you think that our two people lack understanding of each culture? If we know each other better, this issue won't be such serious.B: I agree with you. Given our history, we do need to take some time to know each other better so that if such issue happen again, it won't cause such a big economic disturbance. A: Our auto industry suffers greatly. I think it is high time to organize some culture exchang programme to deepen our understanding, such as student exchange program in Unversities and products exhibitions.B: That's a good idea. We could increase the number of exchange students to 5000 by holding summer camp, winter visit and language learning. Currently, there is only 2000 a year. A: Bravo! As for the exhibitions we could discuss it with our chamber of commerce.B: Yes, of course. But what kind of products can participate in the exhibition? A: Japanese cosmetics, food, clothings and accessories are quiet popular in China. Our exhibition in Japanese Pavilion during the Shanghai Expo was well-received. I am thinking about this mode to be hold in major cities like Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzheng, etc.B: Great! Let's discuss this in detail in the banquet.B:
下面是我整理的五分钟英语对话,希望对大家有帮助。
五分钟英语对话:
A: Good morning, sir. (早上好,先生)
B: Good morning, sit down, please. (早上好,请坐)
A: Thank you. (谢谢!)
B: Tell me a little bit about yourself. (请简单的介绍你自己)
A: My name is LiuTianyu and I live in Changsha,I was born in 1991. My major was business administration.(我叫刘天宇,在长沙生活,1991年出生,我主修的是商业行政管理)
B: I wonder why you want to work for a newspaper. (我想知道你为什么会想在报社工作)
A: I did reporting for the university newspaper at my school.And I've always been very interested in journalism.( 我在大学的报社曾担任过采访的工作, 我对新闻工作一直很有兴趣)
B: But journalism--it's a very different profession from administration.You know a lot about administration. Why don't you choose to work for a company looking to train managers? (但新闻工作与行政工作是非常不同的领域, 你知道很多有关行政的工作, 你为什么不去选择担任储备经理的工作?)
A: I studied administration, yes, but I am more attracted to writing articles.I want to use my knowledge of business to write financial news. (我是学商业行政管理,但我对写 文章 很感兴趣, 我要运用我的商业知识来撰写财金新闻)
B: A new reporter must expect to work many hours. (但新的采访员将会工作很长的时间)
A: I know that the profession requires dedication. (我知道这种职业是需要一番奉献的)
B: You should expect to work more than fifty hours a week.And there is a lot of pressure in this job.You have to get stories in by the deadline.You have to be very independent. You have to know how to arrange things by yourself.(你会一周工作超过五十小时,而且在工作上会有很大的压力。你要在截止时间内取得报导。你要非常独立,你也必须知道如何去安排你的事情)
A: I know that beginning reporters work many hours.I am very willing to take on the challenge. (我知道新的采访员会工作很长的时间,我很乐意接受挑战)
B: May I ask how well you know this city? (我能知道你有多了解这个城市吗?)
A: I grew up here. (我在这里长大的。)
B: But you went to college in Shanghai University.So you haven't lived here for almost three years, yes? (但你到上海念大学? 那你有三年没待在这里了,是吧?)
A: Yes, that's true. But I grew up in this city.And I know this city very well. I have no trouble getting where I need to go. (是的。但我是在这个城市长大的,我非常了解这个城市。我到任何地方都没有问题)
B: That's good. Because if you're hired, we will be sending you everywhere.The job is in the city news department.(很好,因为你一经录取,我们有可能派你到任何地方,工作是在市新闻部)
A: Yes, I'm aware of that. (是的,我了解)
B: Judging by the stories you gave us, I'd say your writing is very good.Have you written things other than newspaper stories? (在你给我们的简历中,我必需说你的写作能力不错。你有写过有别于新闻的文章吗?)
A: I have experience writing newsletters for a health club.I mentioned that in my resume. (我曾为健康俱乐部写过通讯报导。我有在我的履历表中提到)
B: You did that while you were in school? (你写通讯报导是在你还在学校的时候吧?)
A: Yes. (是的。)
B: Oh, yes, I see it. Well, I think our interview is complete then.Are there any questions you would like to ask me? (喔,是的,我看到了。好吧,我想我们的面谈就到此结束,你还有什么问题想要问我吗?)
A: No, not at the moment. (没有,现在没有。)
B: Alright, then. We will probably be giving you a call in ten days or so.I have to interview several more people. (好的,我们大概会在十天左右跟你联系。我还要再 面试 几个人)
A: Thank you, Mr. Sun. (谢谢你,孙先生。)