If you are interested in our…,please let us know with a specific inquiry.
c.一收到贵方具体询价单,我方马上航空邮上样品册并报价。
Quotations and sample books will be airmailed to you upon receipt of your specific inquiry.
请求报价
a.兹函请提供……的报价。
We are writing to invite quotations for the supply of….
b.请将定期供应……之报价赐知。
Please let us have a quotation for the regular supply for….
c.请将下列货品的最低价格赐知。
Kindly quote us your lowest prices for the goods listed below.
请求做代理商
a.我们深盼与英国公司接洽,希望成为其销售代理商之一。
We are anxious to contact some British firms with a view to acting as their selling angents.
b.如蒙考虑担任销售你们……代理商,我们将十分高兴。
We should be glad if you would consider our application to act as agents for the sale of your…
寄发资料用语
a.很高兴寄你一邮包,内装……
We are pleased to send you by parcel post a package containing…
b.欣寄我方目录,提供我方各类产品的详细情况。
We have pleasures in sending you our catalogue, which gives full information about our various products.
c.欣然奉上我方产品样品,在贵方展厅展出。
We should be pleased to let you have samples to give a demonstration at your premises.
d.为使贵方对我方各种款式的手工艺品有一初步了解,今航邮奉上我方目录和一些样品资料,供您们参考。
In order to give you some idea of various qualities of handicrafts we carry, we havepleasure in forwarding you by airmail one catalogue and a few sample books for yourperusal.
附寄资料用语:
a.随函附上本公司新出品的……样品,请查收。
You will find enclosed with this letter a sample of new….
b.随函附上购货合同第××号两份,希查收,谅无误。请会签并退我方一份备案。
Enclosed please find two copies of Purchase Contract No.…,which we trust will be found in order. Kindly sign and return one copy for our file.
c.我们很高兴地附上询价单第××号,请贵方报离岸价格。
We have pleasure in enclosing our file.
d.我们确认向贵方购买……,随函附上订单确认书供参照。
We confirm having purchased from you….A confirmation order is enclosed for your reference.
价格用语
a.我们发现你方报价比我们从其他地方收到的略为偏高,请你方降价,以适应竞争。
We find your quotation slightly higher than those we have received from other sources, and ask you to reduce your price to meet the competition.
b.我们很抱歉地通知你方价格无竞争力,若贵方能降低价格,使我方可接受的话,我们仍对交易感兴趣。
We're sorry to inform you that your price has been found uncompetitive, but we're still interested in doing business if you can bring down your price to a level acceptable.
产品自我推荐
a.请容我们 自我介绍 ,我们是……首屈一指的贸易公司。
Let us introduce ourselves as a leading trading firm in…
b.本公司经营这项业务已多年,并享有很高的国际信誉。
Our company has been in this line of business for many years and enjoys highinternational prestige.
c.我们的产品质量一流,我们的客户一直把本公司视为最可信赖的公司。
Our products are of very good quality and our firm is always regarded by our customers as the most reliable one.
英语商务用语(自我推荐)
a.请容我们自我介绍,我们是……首屈一指的贸易公司。 let us introduce ourselves as a leading trading firm in…
b.本公司经营这项业务已多年,并享有很高的国际信誉。 our company has been in this line of business for many years and enjoys high international prestige.
The statistics I've just given show that Taiwan is definitely a youth-oriented market, and will remain so for another ten years. The companies that successfully target this segment have higher sales and larger market shares year in and year out. I've prepared a few diagrams showing which companies dominate the market, and the types of advertising they use to keep their sales.
This bar chart shows the top four companies and their market shares: the American Jonny&Jammy Company leads the pack with 29%, followed by the domestic firm, V08, at 21%. The Japanese MARUMI is next with 17%, and the French company, La-Rose, is last with 12%. The next chart, a pie graph, shows a breakdown of their advertising: the largest wedge at 62% represents TV commercials; a quarter of their budget goes to magazine and newspaper ads, and the remainder is for purchasing advertising and posters placed in shops where their products are sold.
I suggest youth-oriented commercials when we introduce the new cereal.
我建议推出新的麦片时,打以青少年为导向的电视广告。
2. year in and year out 每年;年复一年
In 和out在这里是指"出"、"入",也就是"来"、"去"的意思。"年来年又去",给人一种连续不断的感觉,有强调的意思。其实它就是指 every year、year after year。
Year in and year out, Ven-Ven is a leader in creative advertising.
年复一年,文文公司仍是创意广告的龙头。
3. lead the pack 领先群雄
Pack 常用的意思是"包;捆",如:a pack of cigarettes(一包香烟);但在这里是指"一群(人)"。整个词组原来是说有一群人在赛跑,其中一人超越了 其它 竞赛对手,居于领先地位。现在只要是形容某人在团体中表现最好,就可以用这个词组。
Because she studied hard, she led the pack in the race to get into a good university.
她读书很用功,因此考试成绩比其它人好,进了好大学。
句型 总结
● 图表的说法与用途
1. What we have here is a bar chart showing...
2. Our monthly sales are shown on this X/Y graph.
3. These three pie graphs each present...
4. The next diagram illustrates...
基本的图表通常有chart、graph 和 diagram。这三个词在意义上原本有细微的差异,但现已互相通用了。图表的种类有很多,最常使用的几种是 bar chart条形图,line chart曲线图(又称 X/Y graph,X/Y坐标图),以及 pie graph圆形百分比图。条形图使人容易看出单一方面的数目,譬如业绩;圆形百分比图则可以看出每一方面占整体的比率。X/Y坐标图能让人清楚地看出两个因素之间的关系,譬如"每月"的"业绩"。每提到一个图表时,要先说出该图表的种类或名称。
● 指出图表某部份
1. The longest bar is...
2. This group of thin wedges shows...
3. The lowest point on the graph is…
解释图表内容时,将每个部份所代表的数字或比率说出来即可。但解释百分比图时,也可加入每个项目彼此或与整体之间的关系,譬如 the largest(最多的……)及 the remainder(其余的……)。另外,在圆形百分比图中的每一部分都可以称为 wedge(扇形)或 slice(片),如 "the smallest wedge / slice shows..."。至于X/Y坐标图就比较复杂,并行线称为 X axis(X轴),垂直线称为 Y axis(Y轴),图上的任何 (X,Y)坐标都是一个 point(一点)。通常要指出曲线上某一点时,最好能明确地指出来,不然就要把X与Y轴所代表的事物明白讲清楚。
● 说明图表的意义
1. This bar chart shows the growth in our sales.
2. Here is a graph showing the growth in our sales.
3. Each bar on the chart represents the growth in our sales.
4. The wedges on this pie graph illustrate the growth in our sales.
5. This diagram focuses on the growth in our sales.
说明图表的意义要简单明了,一句话就能让听众明白。例如文中提到条形图时,立刻表明这张图分别代表the top four companies 和 their market shares(这些称为图表的 factor(s));而看到圆形百分比图时,就表示这张图 "shows a breakdown of their advertising..."。注意,表示整个图所代表的意义用动词 show,而表示图中各部分的要用 represent。
I know EarthSound has used all of these advertising methods successfully in the United States, and you may feel that what works in the States will work in Taiwan. This is definitely not the case. There are important differences between EarthSound's advertising and the advertising of successful companies in Taiwan.
EarthSound's slogan is, "EarthSound - the healthy alternative for you and the environment," while V08's slogan is, "Thank you, V08, for making me beautiful." Why the difference? My calculations show that 85% of the American public believes they can do something to help the environment, but only 30% of Taiwan's people feel the same. America's politicians and its media have made people aware of this issue. This has created a market for EarthSound's products. If Taiwan's politicians and media would do the same, then the people of Taiwan would be ready for EarthSound's advertising. This hasn't happened yet.