M:Excuse me, but can you tell me where the library is?
对不起,打扰一下,您能告诉我图书馆在哪里吗?
S:Sorry. I'm not from around here.
很抱歉。我不是这里的人。
M:Thanks anyway.
不管怎样,还是谢谢您了。
S:Perhaps you can ask the mailman over there.
也许你可以请教那边的那位邮差。
M:Sir?
先生?
MM:Can I help you?
我能为你效劳吗?
M:Can you tell me how to get to the library?
您可以告诉我到图书馆要怎么去吗?
MM:Go straight to the next intersection and turn left.
一直直走到下一个十字路口,然后左转。
M:Which side of the street will it be on?
它在街道的哪边?
MM:It'll be on your right side. You can't miss it.
就在你的右边。你一定找得到的。
A:Excuse me, but could you tell me the way to the railway station?
打扰了,你可以告诉我去火车站怎么走吗?
B:The railway station? Just go down this street and turn left at the second corner. The station is at the end of that street.
火车站?沿着这条街向南走,在第二个拐弯处向左转,火车站就在那条街的末尾处。
A:How long will it take me to get there?
去那里要多久?
B:It's about a ten-minute walk.
走路大概10分钟。
A:That's very clear. I think I can find my way now. Thank you.
非常清楚了。我想我现在可以找到路了。谢谢你。
B:Not at all.
不客气。
A:Excuse me. Could you tell me how to get to the laundromat from here?
打扰了。请告诉我从这里怎么去自助洗衣店好吗?
B:The laundromat? Sorry , I really don't know.
自助洗衣店?对不起,我实在不知道。
A:Well, thanks anyway. (To another man)Excuse me. Could you tell me the way to the laundromat?
好的,还是谢谢你。(对另一个人说)打扰了。请告诉我去自助洗衣店的路怎么走好吗?
C:Uh, let me think for a mintue.The laundromat. Ah, yes. It's on Garfield. So, go straight down this road until you come to the bowling alley. Then turn right and walk two blocks.Then go left on Garfield.I think the laundromat's in the middle of the block.Yeah, that's right, next to the drugstore.