1. I want to reserve a room for two hundred people to hold a dinner party.
我想预定一间能容纳二百人的宴会厅举行晚宴。
2. I’m sorry we are booked out for this evening.
抱歉,今晚订满了。
3. When do you start to serve dinner in the evening? (When is the restaurant open for breakfast?)
你们什么时候供应晚餐?(几点供应早餐?)
4. When are the restaurant hours?
餐厅营业时间几点到几点?
5. But I prefer a table by the window. My wife loves the night view of Shijiazhuang.
但是我想要一个靠近窗户的桌子。我爱人喜欢看石家庄的夜景。
6. I’m sorry,. The tables by the window are all occupied.
对不起,靠近窗户的桌子全都有人了。
7.This is “Century Hotel”. Good morning. May I help you?
早安,这里是世纪大酒店。能为您效劳吗?
8. We have received many bookings and I cannot guarantee a table by the window.
我们已接到许多预定,因而无法向您保证能有一个靠窗的'桌子。
9.You can be sure that we’ll try our best.
请相信我们会尽最大努力的。
10. Thank you for calling, sir. We look forward to your visit.
谢谢您的电话,我们盼望着您的光临。
New words and expressions
reserve v. 预定
hold v 容纳
book v 订购
view n. 景色
occupy v. 占满
guarantee v. 保证
look forward to 盼望
Receiving a guest 引座
1. Have you got a reservation?
您预订座位了吗?
2. Just a moment. I’ll take a look at out reservation book. Yes, Mr. Dewey, a table for two, 8 o’clock. Would you come this way, please?
请稍候,我查一下我们的预定簿。对了,Dewey先生,二人桌,8点到。请这边走。
3. Oh, yes, Mr. Smith. We’ve been expecting you. Would you please come with me?
噢,史密斯先生,我们正等您呢,请跟我走。
4. Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to our restaurant.
早晨好,女士们,先生们,欢迎光临!
5. Sorry, sir, all the tables are taken. Would you mind waiting until one is free?
对不起,先生,没有空位了,等一会儿好吗?
6. The buffet is over there. Please help yourself.
自助餐在那边,请自己享用。
7. I haven’t got a reservation. Can I get a seat anyway?
没有预约,有位子吗?
8.How long is the wait?
要等多久才有位子?
9.Would you mind sitting on that side?
是否介意坐在那边?
10.I’m sorry to have kept you waiting, sir and madam. Now we have a table for you. Would you step this way, please?
对不起,让您久等了。现在有空桌了,请这边来。
Word and expressions
buffet n. 自助餐
expect v. 盼望
reservation n. 预定
Taking orders 点菜
1. Dinner or ala carte?
是套菜还是点菜?
2. Today we have chicken noodle, tomato and clam chowder.
今天有鸡面、番茄、杂烩汤。
3.You want it now or after dinner?
现在就送还是饭后送来?
4 How do you like your roast beef, rare, medium or well done?
你们要的烤牛肉是半熟的,适中的,还是熟透的?
5. Ok, here is the menu. Please take your time. The waiter will be with you in a moment. (Here is the menu, I’ll return in a few minutes to take your order.)
噢,这是菜单,慢慢点。服务员一会儿过来。(这是菜单,我一会儿过来。)
6. We can’t read this menu. Could you please explain to us?
我们看不懂这份菜单,也许您能给我们解释一下?
7. Are you ready to order, gentleman?
可以点菜了吗, 先生?
8.I would be interested in Chinese cuisine. Would you recommend something for me?
我对中国烹饪感兴趣,你能给我推荐几种菜吗?
9.Which is the quickest dish you can make?
最快的一道菜是什么?
10.I’d like a cup of bean milk, a pie with donkey meat.
我来一杯豆浆和一个驴肉火烧。
New words and expressions
Dinner n. 套餐
ala carte n. 自己点的菜
clam chowder n. 杂烩汤
rare, medium or well done 嫩点、适中还是火大一点
menu n. 菜单
cuisine n. 菜系
bean milk 豆浆
Recommend the dishes 推荐菜式
1. We are still looking at the menu. Maybe you could recommend something?
我们正在看菜单,也许您能给我们推荐点什么?
2. The T-bone steak is very good. I would suggest that you try that.
带骨牛排很好吃。我建议您点这个菜。
3.We make some pretty good Crispy Barbecued Duck
我们的脆皮鸭不错。
4. We have fresh butterfish from market, would you like to have a try?
我们有新鲜的平鱼,想尝尝吗?
5.Which soup do you want? We have Eggdrop Soup with Sliced Tomatoes, Famous Hot & Sour Soup.
您来点什么汤?我们有番茄蛋花汤,酸辣汤。
6. We have Cantonese dish and Sichuan dish. Which would you prefer?
我们有广东菜和四川菜,您喜欢哪一种?
7. I think our fish will be to your taste. There are three different flavors available. Please try it.
我想我们的鱼排会适合您的口味。有三种不同风味的鱼排。请您尝试一下。
8. It is Duanwu Festival today, would you like some Zongzi?
今天是端午节,来点粽子吗?
9.It’s most economical for a conference banquet.
这是举办会议宴会最经济的。
10. “Small potato” is very famous here, would you like some?
(1)I'd like/I'll have ... 这是两句最重要的表达。在点菜或是点饮料的时候,使用"I'd like…"或是"I'll have…" 例如,"I'd like the spaghetti and some tea," 或是 "I'll have a sandwich and a soft drink." 手指着菜单也总是能让人明白的。
(2)Could you bring…?/Do you have…?如果你要更多的物品,就说 "Could you bring some extra napkins?" 如果你想要什么东西但是不确定餐馆是否有的话就试着说,"Do you have…?" 例如,如果你想要橙汁但是菜单上没有的话,就可以问 "Do you have orange juice?"
A: Can I take your order now? 现在可以请您点菜了吗?B: What’s today’s special?今天的特色菜是什么?A: Here’s the menu for specialty, sir. 这是特色菜菜单,先生。B: Thank you. 谢谢。 A: Welcome to our restaurant. What kind of dishes would you like? 欢迎您来我们饭店。 您喜欢什么样的菜肴?B: I like West Lake Fish in Sweet Sour Source and Dongpo Pork. 我喜欢西湖醋鱼和东坡肉。A: Anything else?还要些其他的东西么?B: No, thank you. 不用了, 谢谢。 A: Could I have the check, please? 我要结账。B: Here's the check. 这是账单。A: Can I pay for the bill by credit card? 我可以用信用卡付账吗?B: Yes, of course. Here's your receipt. 当然可以。这是您的收据。