My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done:
母亲教我如何珍惜他人辛苦劳动:
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning!"
如果你们要打架,到外边打去我刚整理好房间!
My mother taught me religion:
母亲教我什么是宗教:
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
你最好祈祷那个东西能从地毯下冒出来。
My mother taught me about time travel:
母亲教我什么是时间旅行:
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
你要是不改,我把你一把推到下周三!(意为:不让过周末。)
My mother taught me logic:
母亲教我什么是逻辑:
"Because I said so, that's why."
为什么?因为我就是这么说的!
My mother taught me foresight:
母亲教我什么是远见:
"Be sure you wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."
一定要穿干净内衣,以防万一你遇到事故。
My mother taught me about contortion:
母亲教我什么是柔体杂技:
"Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!"
你能不能看看你脖子后面的泥!
My mother taught me about stamina:
母亲教我什么是耐力:
"You'll sit there till all that spinach is finished."
坐在那儿,直到把所有的菠菜吃完。
My mother taught me about weather:
母亲教我如何识天气:
"It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."
好像有龙卷风席卷过你的房间。
My mother taught me how to solve physics problems:
母亲教我如何解决物理学问题:
"If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you, would you listen then?"
如果我高声叫喊,是因为我看见有一颗流星正朝你俯冲而来,那你会不会听我的话?
My mother taught me about envy:
母亲教我什么是嫉妒:
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"
这世界上有数百万不幸的孩子,他们可没有你这么好的父母。
The next day the Swallow flew down to the harbour. He sat on the mast of a large vessel and watched the sailors hauling big chests out of the hold with ropes. "Heave a hoy!" they shouted as each chest came up. "I am going to Egypt!" cried the Swallow, but nobody minded, and when the moon rose he flew back to the Happy Prince.
Swallow, Swallow, little Swallow," said the Prince, "will you not stay with me one night longer?"
燕子,燕子,小燕子,”王子说,“你不能再陪我一晚吗?”
It is winter," answered the Swallow, "and the chill snow will soon be here. In Egypt the sun is warm on the green palm-trees, and the crocodiles lie in the mud and look lazily about them. My companions are building a nest in the Temple of Baalbec, and the pink and white doves are watching them, and cooing to each other."
Dear Prince, I must leave you, but I will never forget you, and next spring I will bring you back two beautiful jewels in place of those you have given away. The ruby shall be redder than a rose, and the sapphire shall be as blue as the great sea."
Man’s life is a process of growing up, actually I’m standing here is a growth. If a person’s life must constituted by various choices, then I grow up along with these choices. Once I hope I can study in a college in future, however that’s passed, as you know I come here, now I wonder what the future holds for me.When I come to this school, I told to myself: this my near future, all starts here. Following I will learn to become a man, a integrated man, who has a fine body, can take on important task, has independent thought, an open mind, intensive thought, has the ability to judge right and wrong, has a perfect job.Once my teacher said :” you are not sewing, you are stylist; never forget which you should lay out to people is your thought, not craft.” I will put my personality with my interest and ability into my study, during these process I will combine learning with doing. If I can achieve this “future”, I think that I really grow up. And I deeply believe kindred, good-fellowship and love will perfection and happy in the future.How to say future? Maybe it’s a nice wish. Lets make up our minds, stick to it and surely well enjoy our life.人的一生是一个成长的过程,事实上,我现在站在这里也是一次成长。如果一个人的一生必须面临不同的选择,那么我就是伴随着这些选择成长起来的。曾经我盼望将来能上大学,然而那已经过去了,现在我在这儿,只想知道我的未来会是什么样的。当我来到这所学校,我告诉我自己:我不久的将来都从这里开始。接着我要学习如何做人,如何做一个正直的人,并且拥有一个健康的体魄,能承担重要的任务,能独立思考,思想开放,心思缜密,有判断是非的能力,有一份不错的工作。我的老师曾经告诉我说:“你不是在修补而是在创造;永远不要忘记你向人们所展示的是你的思想,而不是你的手艺。”我会将我的性格,兴趣爱好和能力一起融入到学习中去。在这过程中,我边学习边实践。如果我能实现这个“未来”,我就认为我真的成长了。并且我深信我的亲人,好朋友以及爱会使我的未来更完美,更幸福。如何来解释未来呢? 也许那只是一个美好的愿望。让我们下定决心,坚持到底,那我们的人生一定能过得很精彩。