
英文电影经典台词摘抄100句如下:
1、Frankly,my dear,I don’t give a damn.
坦白说,亲爱的,我一点也不在乎。(《乱世佳人》1939)
2、I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.
我会开出他无法拒绝的条件。(《教父》1972)
3、You don’t understand!Icoulda had class.I coulda been a contender.I could’ve been somebody,instead of a bum,which is what I am.
你根本不能明白!我本可以获得社会地位,我本可以是个竞争者,我本可以是任何有头有脸的人而不是一个毫无价值的游民!(《码头风云》1954)
4、Toto,I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.
托托,我想我们再也回不去堪萨斯了。(《绿野仙踪》1939)
5、Here’s looking at you,kid.
永志不忘。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
6、Go ahead,make my day.
来吧,让我也高兴高兴。(《拨云见日》1983)
7、All right,Mr.DeMille,I’m ready for my close-up.
好了,德米勒先生,我已经准备好拍摄我的特写镜头了。(《日落大道》1950)
8、May the Force be with you.
愿原力与你同在。(《星球大战》1977)
9、Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.
系紧你的安全带,这将是一个颠簸的夜晚。(《彗星美人》1950)
10、You talking to me?
你是在和我说话吗?(《出租车司机》1976)
11、Would you be shocked if I changed into something more comfortable?
假如我换一身更舒服的衣服你会觉得震惊吗?(《地狱天使》1930)
12、I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
我喜欢闻弥漫在清晨空气中的汽油弹味道。(《现代启示录》1979)
13、Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
爱就是永远不必说对不起。(《爱情故事》1970)
14、I could dance with you'till the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows until you came home.
我可以和你一起跳舞直到母牛回家。如果再想想,我宁愿和母牛一起跳舞直到你回家。(《容易事》1933)
15、“You talking'to me?”
“你在跟我说话吗?”——《出租汽车司机》Taxi Driver,1976
16、“Give me a visky, ginger ale on the side, and don'be stingy, baby.”
“给我一杯威士忌,里面兑一些姜味汽水。宝贝儿,别太吝啬了。”——《安娜?克里斯蒂》Anna Christie,1930
17、Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
生命就像一盒巧克力,结果往往出人意料。(《阿甘正传》)
18、Made it,Ma!Top of the world!
好好去做吧,站在世界之巅!(《歼匪喋血战》1949)
19、I’m as mad as hell,and I’m not going to take this anymore!
我疯狂得如同地狱中的恶魔,我不会再这样继续下去了!——《电视台风云》1976
20、Louis,I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
路易斯,我认为这是一段美好友谊的开始。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
21、“It's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men.”
“并不是你生活中的男人有价值,而是你与男人在一起的生活。”——《我不是天使》I'm No Angel,1933
22、Bond.James Bond.
邦德,詹姆士邦德。——《诺博士》1962(“007”系列电影第一部)
23、There’s no place like home.
没有一个地方可以和家相提并论。(《绿野仙踪》1939)
24、I am big!It’s the pictures that got small.
我是巨大的!是这些照片让我变得渺小了。(《日落大道》1950)
25、Show me the money!
让我看到钱!(《甜心先生》1996)
26、Play it,Sam. Play’As Time Goes By’.
弹这首,山姆,就弹“时光流逝”。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
27、You can’t handle the truth!
你不能操纵事实!(《义海雄风》1992)
28、I want to be alone.
我想一个人呆着。(《大饭店》1932)
29、After all,tomorrow is another day!
毕竟,明天又是新的一天!(《乱世佳人》1939)
30、I’ll have what she’s having.
我会拥有她所拥有的。——《当哈里遇上萨莉》1989
31、I’ll be back.
我会回来的。——《终结者》1984
32、The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
最好的爱能唤醒灵魂启发我们追求卓越,会我们的心里种下热情的火苗,并带给我们的心灵平静。——《恋恋笔记本》
33、Some of us get dipped in flat, some in stain, some in gloss…But every once in a while you found someone who’s iridescent,and when you do,nothing will ever compare.
有人住高楼,有人在深沟,有人光万丈,有人一身锈,世人万千种,浮云莫去求,欺人若彩虹,遇上方知有。——《怦然心动》
34、Today,I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
现在,我想我是这个世界上最幸运的人。——《扬基的骄傲》1942
35、Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
妈妈说生活就像一盒巧克力,你永远都不知道你会得到什么。——《阿甘正传》1994
36、We’ll always have Paris.
我们永远都怀念巴黎(那段美好的时光)。——《卡萨布兰卡》1942
37、Oh,Jerry,don’t let’s ask for the moon.We have the stars.
噢,杰瑞,不要再乞求能得到月亮了,我们已经拥有星星了。——《扬帆》1942
38、Well,nobody’s perfect.
人无完人。——《热情似火》1959
39、You’ve got to ask yourself one question:〃Do I feel lucky?〃Well,do ya,punk?
你应该问你自己一个问题:“我是幸运的吗?”快点去做,年轻人,无知的年轻人。——《警探哈里》1971
40、You had me at“hello.”
当你说“你好”的那一刻起就拥有我了。——《甜心先生》1996
41、There’s no crying in baseball!
在棒球运动中没有哭泣!——《红粉联盟》1992
42、A boy’s best friend is his mother.
一个男孩最好的朋友是他的母亲。——《惊魂记》1960
43、Greed,for lack of a better word,is good.
没有比“贪婪”更好的词语了。——《华尔街》1987
44、Keep your friends close,but your enemies closer.
亲近你的朋友,但更要亲近你的敌人。——《教父II》1974
45、As God is my witness,I’ll never be hungry again.
上帝为我作证,我不会再让自己挨饿了。——《乱世佳人》1939
46、Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world,she walks into mine.
世界上有那么多的城镇,城镇中有那么多的酒馆,她却走进了我的(酒馆)。——《卡萨布兰卡》1942
47、Wait a minute,wait a minute.You ain’t heard nothin’yet!
等一会儿,等一会儿。你肯定听到了什么!——《爵士歌手》1927
48、I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
我总是非常依赖陌生人的仁慈。——《欲望号街车》1951
49、Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.
快点来听!黑夜中孩子的声音是他们缔造的美妙音乐。——《吸血鬼》1931
50、I feel the need-the need for speed!
我感到一种需要,一种加速的需要!——《壮志凌云》1986
51、Carpe diem. Seize the day,boys. Make your lives extraordinary.
人生就应该是快乐的,要抓住每一天,孩子们。让你们的生活变得非凡起来。——《死亡诗社》1989
52、I’m king of the world!
我是世界之王!——《泰坦尼克号》1997,
53、I don't want to survive. I want to live.
我想要的不仅仅是生存,而是生活。
54、Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
跟朋友保持亲密,跟敌人更亲密。——《越狱》
55、I can look at the menu. Doesn't mean I'm gonna eat.
我看着菜单,并不代表我想吃!T-bag——《越狱》
56、Some birds aren't meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are just too bright.——The Shawshank Redemption
有些鸟儿是永远关不住的,因为它们的每一片羽翼上都沾满了自由的光辉。——《肖申克的救赎》
57、Politics and crime, they’re the same thing.《GODFATHER》
政治和罪恶其实是一样的。——《教父》
58、Even the strongest man needs friends.《GOD FATHER》
再强的人也需要朋友。——《教父》
59、Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smiles back .
死神在向我们每个人微笑,我们所能做的只有回敬微笑。——《角斗士》
60、It takes a strong man to save himself, and a great man to save another.——The Shawshank Redemption
坚强的人只能救赎自己,伟大的人才能拯救他人。——《肖申克的救赎》
61、The truth is out there.——The X files
真相在那里。——《X档案》
62、I give you my hand.I give you my love,more precious than money.——Ghost VS. Love Story
我给你我的手.给你比金钱更珍贵的爱情.——《鬼魂VS爱情小说》
63、Anakin,this path has been placed before you. The choice is yours alone.
阿纳金,路就在你脚下,你自己决定。——《星球大战-首部曲》
64、In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Gone with The Wind
哪怕是世界末日我都会爱着你.——《乱世佳人》
65、To be or not to be, that’s a question.-"Hamlet"
生存还是死亡,这是一个问题。——《哈姆雷特》
66、Everything that has a begin has an end.
世间万物有始皆有终。——《黑客帝国》(1999)
67、We are not here because we are free .we are here because we are not free.
我们在这里不是因为我们自由,我们在这里是因为我们不自由。——《黑客帝国》
68、I’ll never let go ,I’ll never let go ,Jack .
我决不放弃,我决不放弃,杰克。——《泰坦尼克号》
69、I love waking up in the morning and not knowing what’s going to happen, or who I’m going to meet, where I’m going to wind up.(Titanic)
我喜欢早上起来时一切都是未知的,不知会遇见什么人,会有什么样的结局。——《泰坦尼克号》
70、I figure life is a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You never know what hand you’re going to get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you.
71、我觉得生命是一份礼物,我不想浪费它,你不会知道下一手牌会是什么,要学会接受生活。——《泰坦尼克号》
72、I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floating around accidental—like on a breeze.
我不懂我们是否有着各自的命运,还是只是到处随风飘荡.——《阿甘正传》
73、I laugh in the face of danger.
越危险就越合我心意。
74、I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.
我只是在必要的时候才会勇敢,勇敢并不代表你要到处闯祸。
75、What is the most expensive commodity in this century? talent!
21世纪什么最贵?人才!
76、An organization without discipline.
“有组织,无纪律。”
77、First my gaze toward the moon, but the moon shines on the ditch.
我本一心向明月,奈何明月照沟渠。
78、Who knows me understand my needs, I’m a mystery to he who know me not .
真是知我者谓我心忧,不知我者谓我何求啊。
79、I can reliably inform you that, uncle lee is very angry. the consequences will be severe。
我可以很负责地告诉你,黎叔很生气,后果很严重。
80、I was reckless, I was reckless, never thought that girl would play me.
大意呀,大意呀,想不到被一丫头片子玩儿了。——《加菲猫》
81、You had me at hello.
你一开口就征服了我!
82、I hate mondays.
我恨星期一。
83、Never send a man to do a cat's job.
决不要让人去做猫的工作。
84、Money is not everything. There’s Mastercard & Visa.
钞票不是万能的,有时还需要信用卡。
85、One should love animals. They are so tasty.
每个人都应该热爱动物,因为它们很好吃。
86、Save water. Shower with your girlfriend.
要节约用水,尽量和女友一起洗澡。
87、Love the neighbor. But don’t get caught.
要用心去爱你的邻居,不过不要让她的老公知道。
88、Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
每个成功男人的背后,都有一个女人。每个不成功男人的背后,都有两个。
89、Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
再快乐的单身汉迟早也会结婚,幸福不是永久的嘛。
90、The wise never marry, And when they marry they become otherwise.
聪明人都是未婚的,结婚的人很难再聪明起来。
91、Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives.
成功是一个相关名词,他会给你带来很多不相关的亲戚(联系)。
92、Never put off the work till tomorrow what you can put off today.
不要等明天交不上差再找借口,今天就要找好。
93、Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
爱情就象照片,需要大量的暗房时间来培养。
94、Children in backseats cause accidents. Accidents in backseats cause children.
后排座位上的小孩会生出意外,后排座位上的意外会生出小孩。
95、“Your future depends on your dreams.”So go to sleep.
“现在的梦想决定着你的将来”,所以还是再睡一会吧。
96、There should be a better way to start a day than waking up every morning.
应该有更好的方式开始新一天,而不是千篇一律的在每个上午都醒来。
97、Hard work never killed anybody.But why take the risk?
努力工作不会导致死亡!不过我不会用自己去证明。
98、Work fascinates me.I can look at it for hours!
工作好有意思耶!尤其是看着别人工作。
99、God made relatives; Thank God we can choose our friends.
神决定了谁是你的亲戚,幸运的是在选择朋友方面他给了你留了馀地。
100、When two’s company, three’s the result!
两个人的状态是不稳定的,三个人才是!
初中英语阅读教学是初中英语教学中的重头戏,注重培养学生在情景中熟练掌握所学语言进行交际的能力。我整理了关于经典英语对话台词,欢迎阅读!
T: Hi, Kerry. What are you reading?
T:嗨,凯瑞。你在读什么呢?
K: Oh, these are just some books I picked up at a local poetry festival that took place a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to see that there are so many people who appreciate poetry here.
K:哦,这是我在几固前的诗歌节上买的书。真高兴看到这儿有这么多人都喜欢诗歌。
T: I didn't know you were such a poetry lover, Kerry. Personally, I've always found that stuff a little bit boring and hard to understand. All that flowery language gives me a headache! I'd rather read a nice long novel any day.
T:凯瑞,我还不知道你是个诗歌迷呢。就我个人而言,我总觉得诗歌枯燥无味,晦 涩难懂。花哨的词藻让我头疼!还不如哪天读本有意思的长篇小说呢。
K: I'll admit that poetry's an acquired taste. But once you learn more about it, you'll find that poems aren't all flowery and incomprehensible they don't even have to rhyme!
K:我承认欣赏诗歌需要慢慢品味。不过,如果你多接 触诗歌,就会发现诗歌并不都是花哨、难懂的,它们 甚至都不需要押韵!
T: Fine, but if there is no rhyme in a poetry, I'm wondering whether we can call it poetry.
T:好吧。不过如果一首诗连韵脚都没有,那还能叫诗吗?
K: Next time I'll find you some belonging to that category. I'm sure you'll be enchanted by the words.
K:下次我给你找一些这样的诗。你肯定会被它的词句 迷住的。
T: Ok. Why do you love poetry so much?
T:好的。你为什么这么喜欢诗歌啊?
K: The words, the feelings in it.. .Besides, I think they often provide us with the essence of life.
K:嗯,它的语言,它结人的感觉……此外,我觉得诗歌 总是向我们展示生命的真谛。
T: Great. Which is your favorite poet?
T:太棒了。那么你最喜欢的诗人是谁?
K: One of my favorite poets is Sylvia Plath, who is a confessional poet. Have you ever read her poetry?
K:我最喜欢的诗人之一是西尔维亚普拉斯。她是自白派诗人。你读过她的诗吗?
T: I'm not sure. The name sounds familiar to me. Perhaps the high school America literature teacher ever introduced her to us. But to tell you the truth, most of the names of the poets have just slipped from my memory.
T:也许吧。这个名字听起来很耳熟。或许高中美国文学的老师曾经向我们介绍过如1。 但跟你说句实话,我都不记得几个诗人的名字了。
K: Understandable. Her fame is not so great as those of other top American poets.
K:这也可以理解。她并不像美国顶尖的诗人那么有名。
T: Wait. Is she the one who killed herself in her thirties by turning on the gas?
T:等等,她是不是那个在30岁开煤气自尽的诗人?
K: You are right. That's a tragedy. She must have been heart-broken and felt hopeless then.
K:对。那真是个悲剧。她那个时候肯定是伤心绝望至极。
T: Why? Because of her unhappy marriage?
T:为什么呢?家庭生活不幸福吗? '
K: Yes, this is the most important reason. She suffered from depression when she was a junior student in college. Plath was briefly committed to a mental institution where she received electroconvulsive therapy.
K:对,这是主要原因。她在大三的时候就曾经得过抑郁症,尝试自杀未遂。曾被送 进精神病院进行治疗,进行电休克治疗。
T: She must have spent a miserable time there.
T:她那段时间一定特别难熬。
K: Yes, then Plath seemed to make an acceptable recovery and graduated from Smith with honors. Then she obtained a Fulbright scholarship to Cambridge where she met Ted Hughes.
K:是啊。她似乎康复得还不错,之后顺利从史密斯学院毕业,并获得富布赖特奖学 金到剑桥大学深造。在那里她遇到了当时在诗坛小有名气的泰德休斯。
T: Wow, she was a lucky girl.
T:哇,她真幸运。
K: Not at all. Plath's marriage to Hughes was fraught with difficulties, particularly surrounding his affair with Assia Wevill, the wife of one colleague, Plath's mental problem became more severe after that.
K: 一点也不。后来普拉斯和休斯的婚姻因为休斯和同事的妻子阿西亚发生婚外情而 愈加困难重重,普拉斯的精神疾病也因为休斯的婚外情而加重。
T: Gosh, what happened next?
T:天啊,他们后来怎么样了呢?
K: Finally, the couple separated in late 1962. In 1963,Plath killed herself by turning the gas on. She was then only 30 years old.
K:终干,1962年底他们分手了。1963年,她在厨房里开煤气自尽,车仅30岁。
T: What a tragedy! She was a poor woman.
T:太悲剧了。她真是个可怜的女人。
K: There is a film named Sylvia telling us the life story of her, especially the love story between she and the later England's Poet Laureate Ted Hughes . If you are interested, you can go and have a look. I’m sure that you will have a further understanding of her and her poetry.
K:有个电影就叫做《西尔维亚》,讲述了西尔维亚的一生,尤其是她和后来成为英 国桂冠诗人的泰德休斯的爱情故事。如果你感兴趣的话,可以找来看看。你肯 定会对她和她的诗有进一步的了解。
T: Who is the leading actress?
T:谁是女主演?
K: Gwyneth Paltrow. And Daniel Craig is the leading actor.
K:格温妮丝帕特洛。男主演是丹尼尔克雷格。
T: I have to watch it. Say, have you ever written any poetry of your own? Some love sonnets, perhaps?
T:我一定得看看这部电影。你自己写过诗没有?比如说关于爱情的十四行话?
K: No love sonnets, but I did try to write some poems a long time ago. They were all really bad. Once I spent three hours trying to come up with a word that rhymes with “panda”!
K:没写过这个。但很久以前我的确尝试过写谙,只是写得很糟糕。我曾经花了 3 个小时来想可以和"panda”押韵的词!
T: Silly Kerry! How could you not think of “Sylvia”?
T:盖瑞你真笨,你怎么没想到"Sylvia"?
J: There are so many time-honored buildings in Trinity College and I guess that’s one of the reasons that they call Trinity College the most aristocratic college in College.
J:三一学院有很多历史悠久的建筑,我猜这就是他们为什么认为三一学院是剑桥大学最具贵族气质的学院的原因之一。
L: And Trinity College is also famous for its Great Court. It’s the main court of Trinity College and reputed to be the largest enclosed court in Europe.
L:三一学院还以它的巨大庭院出名。那是三一学院的主要庭院,据说是欧洲最大的 封闭式庭园。
J: We are walking on the Great Court now. It feels really good.
J:我们现在就走在巨庭的道路上,感觉真好。
L: Yeah. The court was completed by Thomas Nevile, master of the college, in the early years of the 17th century, when he rearranged the existing buildings to form a single court.
L:是啊。这个庭院是在17世纪早期,在时任学院院长的托马斯纳维尔的指导下建 成的,他重新规划了已有的建筑,构建了一个单独的庭院。
J: And there is a great competition in the The Great Court. Do you know?
J:有一个重大的比赛在巨庭举行,你知道吗?
L: Of course I know. It’s The Great Court Run. It’s an attempt to run round the perimeter of Great Court (approximately 367 metres), in the 43-45 seconds during the clock striking twelve.
L:我当然知道了,是巨庭赛跔,在学院大 钟敲12下的43 ~ 45秒内(正午和午夜,大钟都要敲12下),沿着巨庭跔一圈(大 概367米)。
J: Students of Cambridge like to challenge themselves by taking part in it. They traditionally attempt to complete the circuit on the day of the Matriculation Dinner.
J:剑桥大学的学生都想参加这个比赛,挑战自我。他们通常在举行入学晚宴当天会 尝试跑完一圈。
L: It’s a rather difficult challenge: one needs to be a fine sprinter to achieve it.
L:这个挑战相当困难,只有优秀的短跑选手才能完成比赛。
J: But it is by no means necessary to be of Olympic standard, despite assertions made in the press.
J:虽然媒体声称这是个艰难的挑战,但是选手并不需要具备参加奥运会的水平。
L: David Burghley, who in 1927 first beat the clock, running the course in 43.1 seconds, went on to win gold in the 400-metre hurdles at the 1928 Olympic Games.
L:大卫伯利1927年用了 43.1秒跔完全程,首次"击败了°大钟。随后他在1928 车的奥运会中夺得了 400米栏的冠军。
J: Sebastian Coe, another gold medalist and chairman of the organizing committee for 2012 London Olympics, is generally accepted as the second person to have completed the race.
J:另一位金牌得主,2012年伦敦奥运会组委会主席塞巴斯蒂安科被人们认为是完 成该项比赛的第二个人。
L: Yes. Sebastian Coe successfully completed the run when he beat Steve Cram in a charity race in October 1988.
L:是的。在1988年10月的一个慈善赛跔中,塞巴斯蒂安科击败了史蒂夫克拉姆, 成功跔完了全程。
J; Coe’s time on 29th October 1988 was reported to have been 45.52 seconds, but it was actually 46.0 seconds (confirmed by the video tape), while Cram’s was 46.3 seconds.
J:他在1988年10月29号跑完全程的时间据报道是45.52秒,但实际上是46.0秒(录 像带证实),而克拉姆的成绩是46.3秒。
L: The clock on that day took 44.4 seconds and the video film confirmed that Coe was some 12 metres short of his finish line when the fateful final stroke occurred.
L:那天的大钟敲完12下用了 44.4秒。纪录片证实,当决定命运的最后一下敲响时, 他离终点大概还有12米远呢。
J: The television commentators were more than a little disingenuous in suggesting that the dying sounds of the bell could be included in the striking time, thereby allowing Coe’s run to be claimed as successful.
J:电视评论员很不真诚地点评到,大钟最后的声响延续的时间应该被算到敲钟时间 内,所以他的赛跑桃战被认为是成功的。
L: One reason Olympic runners Cram and Coe found the challenge so tough is that they started at the middle of one side of the Court, thereby having four right-angle turns.
L:奥运会选手科和克拉姆之所以认为这个挑战很难的原因之一是因为他们分别在巨 庭两侧道路的中心起跑,所以要经历4个直角转弯。
J: But in the days when students started at the corner, only three turns were needed.
J:但到了学生们可以在巨庭转角处起跑的时代时,他们只需经历3个直角转弯。
L: Until the mid 1990s, the run was traditionally attempted by first year students, at midnight following their Matriculation Dinner,
L:直到20世纪90年代中期,这个跑步比赛传统上仍是由大一学生参加,校方在入 学晚宴当天的午夜就举行比赛。
J: Following a number of accidents of drunken undergraduates running on slippery cobbles, the college now organizes a more formal Great Court Run, at 12 noon* The challenge is only open to fresher, many of whom compete in fancy dress.
J:但是有些本科生喝醉后,经常跔到光滑的鹅卵石上,在许多这样的事件发生后, 现在三一学院决定在正午12点组织一个比较正式的巨庭赛跔。这项活动只允许 大一新生参加,他们当中很多人穿着奋装异服来参加比赛。
T: I often go to pubs and I drink beer,chat with my friends and watch the show there. I quite enjoy going to pubs. Do you have any recommendation?
T:我经常去酒吧,我在那儿喝酒、聊天、看演出。我很喜欢去酒吧,你有什么推荐 的地方吗?
W: I think you should go to Cambridge, then. The small city is the house of about 200 pubs. And there are so many interesting pubs in the University of Cambridge.
W:那么我想你应该去剑桥,那个小城有200多家酒吧,并且剑桥大学里还有很多有 意思的;西吧。
T: I heard that the students in Cambridge like drinking and some of them even go to binge drinking.
T:我听说剑桥大学的学生们喜欢喝酒,一些学生甚至还酗酒。
W: That’s because they are so stressful due to intensive courses and hard exams. Students like to go to drinking societies and pubs around the campus.
W:那是因为他们课程太多、考试太难、压力太大了。 他们喜欢去饮酒社团和校园里的酒吧。
T: My friend said that she once went to the Eagle Pub and it’s really nice.
T:我朋友说过她曾去过老鹰酒吧,感觉很好。
W: Yeah. If you are looking for a pub that is historically fascinating, conveniently placed and large, then this is the one for you.
W:是啊。如果你想寻找一个有历史魅力、交通便利 且宽敞的酒吧,那么老鹰洒吧就是最佳选择。
T: The Eagle Pub has a long and interesting history. First opened in 1667 during the era of the Great Fire of London and the Black Death, it was originally a coaching inn.
T:老鹰酒吧历史悠久,史上还发生过不少趣事。当 它在伦敦大火和黑死病(鼠疫)肆虐时期的1667 年开放时,它只是一个车站酒馆。
W: During the Second World War, it was particularly popular with the air men stationed on the airfields dotted around the city.
W: 二战期间,它颇受驻扎在剑桥附近飞机场的飞行 员的欢迎。
T: According to the newspaper, if you take a look at the RAF bar out the back, you can still see graffiti on the ceiling, made by the RAF and US aircrews who scorched their names with candles and cigarette lighters.
T:据报纸报道,如果你参观老鹰酒吧后面的英国皇家空军吧台,你还可以看到天花 板上的涂鸦,这些涂鸦是英国皇家空军和美国机组人员的名字,是他们用蜡烛和 打火机在天花板上烧制的。
W: And it stands as clear proof of Cambridge as a place of innovation. It was in this very pub, on the 28 February 1953, that Cambridge scientists James Watson and Francis Crick first announced they had discovered “secret of life”.
W:而且老鹰酒吧还是剑桥大学作为创新基地的有力证明。1953年2月28号,正是 在这个酒吧,剑桥大学的科学家詹姆斯?沃森和弗朗西斯?克里克首次宣布他们发 现了 "生命的秘密”。
T; “Secret of life”? You mean DNA, deoxyribonucleic acid?
T:"生命的秘密? ”你指的是DNA (脱氧核糖核酸),是吗?
W: Yes. When the University of Cambridge’s Cavendish Laboratory was still at its old site nearby Free School Lane, the pub was a popular lunch destination for staff working there.
W:是的。那时剑桥大学的卡文迪什实验室还位于自由学院路(靠近该酒吧)附近的旧址,实验室的工作人员都喜欢去老鹰酒吧吃午餐。
T: Oh, I see, so it became the place where Francis Crick and James Watson often visited.
T:哦,我知道了,所以老鹰酒吧也就是弗朗西斯克里克和詹姆斯?沃森经常光顾的 地方。
W: But just do not expect good beer or good food at the Eagle Pub.
W:但是不要期待这个酒吧有爽□的啤酒和美味的食物。
T: Eagle Pub was prosecuted by Cambridge City Council for alleged poor food hygiene standards.
T:老鹰酒吧被剑桥市议会指控,市议会宣称其食物卫生标准低。
W: The charges, all of which related to May 2008, included accusations that the pub did not provide soap for customers to wash their hands with in the bathrooms, and that the equipment used to prepare food was not sufficiently cleaned or disinfected.
W:指控是在2008年5月提出的,包括酒吧在洗手间里不提供香皂,顾客无法洗手, 烹制食物的厨具设有清洗或消毒干净等等。
T: As well as this the pub was accused of leaving windows open allowing flies to enter and failing to store raw meat in hygienic conditions.
T:酒吧还被指控不关窗户,从而蝇虫乱飞,并且在不卫生的情况下保存生肉。
W: I’m so sorry to hear that, because Eagle Pub is a part of Cambridge’s heritage, dating back to Tudor limes when it served as a coaching inn in the 17th Century.
W:很遗憾听到这些,因为老鹰酒吧是剑桥大学的遗产,早在17世纪的都铎王朝时期, 它就作为一个车站酒馆存在了。
T: I’m not happy to hear that, too. It was popular among students and tourists alike.
T:听到这些,我也开心不起来,因为它曾在学生和游客当中广受好评。
W: A girl said online that she often pops in the Eagle Pub as it’s close to her work. But she can assure people that convenience is the only draw.
W: 女孩在网上说,因为老鹰酒吧离她工作的地方近,所以她经常光顾,但是她能 向大家保证,"便利”是这家酒吧吸引人的唯一地方。