She would have known as much without previous information if she had waited a moment, for one of the brothers proceeded to say: `Ah! poor Angel, poor Angel!
“再多等一会儿”占去她每天多长时间呢?
How much time did that "few more minutes" take out of her day?
请你等一会儿好吗?
Could you wait for a moment?
“等一会儿”,一个羸弱而苍老的声音回答道。
“Just a minute”, answered a frail, elderly voice.
请等一会儿...好。
Just a minute, please. . . OK.
我们可能得等一会儿。
We may have to wait for a little while.
查尔斯:嗨,等一会儿。
CHARLES : Hey, wait a minute.
噢,等一会儿。
Oh, just a minute.
当轮到你一饮而尽的时候,倒满杯子并且等一会儿。
When it’s your turn to have a shot, fill the glass and wait for a few minutes.
每次我敲她家的门,她总会说:“等一会儿,我正在盖鸟笼。”
When I would knock on her door she would always say, “Just a moment. I amcovering the bird cage.”
请您先等一会儿好吗?我去看看她是否在办公室。
A:Thank you,Mr.Burton.Can you please hold for a moment?I'll check to see if sheis available.
请等一会儿,我查一下兑换率。
Please wait a moment. I'll find out the exchange rate between U.S. dollars and RMB.
我要是你的话,我就会等一会儿。
If I was you I should wait a bit.
“你能不能等一会儿,”他又说,“我不会很久的。”
'If you'll wait a moment, 'he added, 'I shall not be long.
我看看那些有没有存货,请您稍等一会儿好吗?
Will you wait while I see if we have them in stock?
当我的孩子莫名地亲我时,我永远不会再说,“等一会儿。
When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later.
你不能等一会儿吗?
(can:) Can't you wait a moment?
天快黑了,有人给比尔一把椅子,请他坐下等一会儿。忽然电灯全亮了,照出了整座大桥的轮廓。
Bill was given a chair and asked to wait a little as darkness came on, thensuddenly the whole bridge was outlined in lights.
“在这儿等一会儿吧,马车很快就要来了,这是用不着怀疑的,”德北菲尔德太太说。
'Bide here a bit, and the cart will soon come, no doubt, ' said Mrs Durbeyfield.
谁?我听不清楚,请等一会儿,请把电视机声音关小低些,我一点都听不见。
A:Who?I can hardly hear you.Just a minute.Turn down the TV.please.I can't heara thing.
Wait for me.等我。 Wait for不仅可以用于等人,还可以用于等待其他事物 Wait for the train/bus:等火车/公交 I'm waiting to get on the plane.我在等飞机。 Wait for a table:等座位 说到等座位,干万别把顾客等座说成了Wait(on) tables:服务员进行招待工作 Hold your horses:慢一点;别着急 Don’t get ahead of yourself:别着急 小朋友和父母之间也许会有这种对话: Mommy, I want to be an astronaut and I want to go to space tomorrow. 妈妈,我想当宇航员,我想明天就去太空。 Hold your horses, you have to finish your school first. 耐心一点,你得先完成学业。 Don't get ahead of yourself, you are just 5 years old. 别着急,你才五岁 下面这种说法经常在朋友之间使用,比如有事情要讨论 Hang on a moment/second/sec: 等等;打住 一般服务员都不会用这种说法,但是有些比较随意的场合也会出现,比如酷酷 的酒吧招待可能会对你说: Hang on, hang on. It's kind of busy. 等会儿吧,暂时有点儿忙。 打电话时经常会用到这个词 Hold on:稍等 可以用这种句型来显得更礼貌 Could you hold on a moment/ second/sec? 请您稍等一下 Just hold on a moment/ second/sec.请等一下。 Wait a moment这句话里只要稍微地变动,将wait替换成just,语气就会更加委婉 Just a moment:稍等一下 给我一点儿时间”会让等待听起来会更像一个请求而不是要求: Give me just one moment please. 麻烦您稍等片刻 Give me a second:稍等片刻 Second是秒的意思,在这个语境里指时间很短,在口语中经常被简化成sec Give me a sec:稍等一下 One sec:稍等一下 Wait a moment是一个很常用的句子,需要注意的是, a moment只是弹指瞬间,如果你需要别人等较久的时间, 要用: Wait(for) a while:等一会儿 直接说 wait a while有点儿像命令,为了让对方等待的过程稍微愉悦一点儿,你可以用这些更礼貌的说法 You might have to wait a while 你可能得等一会儿 It might take a while. 可能还要很久 It might be a long wait.也许要等好会儿噢 一般去火爆的餐厅都需要经过漫长的等待才能吃上饭,所以餐厅都会设置 Waiting table:等位区怎么样?学完之后对正确表达等候是不是更清晰了呢?